Vision & Mission
Gujrat Institute of Management Sciences, as an affiliated institute, believes in high quality of education and has a stringent system of quality management in place. Several layers of quality enhancement are part of this overall system. The authorities and responsibilities of all layers of the quality enhancement department are covered in GIMS statutes and policies. A Quality Assurance (QA) directorate is functioning at the AAUR level and is responsible for overlooking and ensuring the quality of all programs offered at GIMS. GIMS has established the internal Quality Enhancement Department (QED) in 2015 to carry out periodic audits of degree programs to ensure that they meet the highest standards of quality.
To develop the Gujrat Institute of Management Sciences into a Centre of Excellence by providing an outstanding educational environment with emphasis on preparing professions.
Functions of QED
- Review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- Developing program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- Developing quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- Making ensure that the institute’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- Capacity building of its team through HEC training programs.
- Coordination with Quality Assurance Agency of HEC for guidance and help on all matters related to Quality Assurance.
- Developing procedures for the following:
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
Please click on the document title you want to download.
- Performa 1 Course Evaluation
- Performa 2 Faculty Course Review
- Performa 3 Graduating Student Survey
- Performa 5 Faculty Survey
- Performa 7 Alumni Survey
- Performa 8 Employer Survey
- Performa 9 Employee Resume
- Performa 10 Teacher Evaluation
- Course Readiness
Self Assessment Report
|Program||Cycle||Status||SAR Assessment Status|